Scotty’s Buffalo Wings
Serves 4 (Sometimes 3)
· 30 Wings
· 3 tablespoons Orgran All Purpose flour
· 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
· 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce and Glaze
· 1 Cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Bourbon Wing Sauce and Glaze.
· Salt and Pepper
· celery sticks
· Beerenberg Blue Cheese Dressing
· Preheat oven to 200
· Combine All Purpose flour and Salt & Pepper and coat the wings in the mix
· Use a deep fryer and deep fry the wings for about 4-5 minutes or till lightly brown and crispy.
· In 2 separate bowls place one cup of the Buffalo Wing sauce in one and one cup of the Bourbon Wing Sauce in the other bowl place 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil into each bowl and whisk till oil and sauce are mixed together.
· Place wings on two separate lined trays (or disposable foil trays) and gently pour the sauce over the wings ensure the wings are lightly covered in the sauce on both sides.
· Place in the oven and cook for approx., 15minutes then turn over and cook for another 10-15minutes.until wings look nice and crispy.
· Arrange the wings on a plate with celery sticks. Serve with additional Buffalo sauce, if desired, and Blue Cheese dressing.
Gluten Free Waffles
1 desert spoon sugar
¾ cup milk
½ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups Gluten Free Self – raising flour
2 tablespoons cornflour
Beat eggs and sugar together, add milk, water, vanilla and melted butter; Beat again. Add to sifted dry ingredients. Beat well. Allow the batter to stand for 10 minutes. Spoon into hot waffle iron, cook until golden and crisp. Serve with your favourite topping. Enjoy.
Substitutes: Organ Gluten Free No Egg, Egg Replacer, Yes You Can Vegan Egg Replacer. Milk can be substituted for non – dairy. Butter can be replaced by non-dairy. Self-Raising Flour Lower Carb * High Protein.
KEY LIME MERINGUE PIE RECIPE GLUTEN FREE
1 x 250grm packet plain biscuits
125g butter approx.
400g can condensed milk
½ cup fresh lime juice and zest of lime
3 eggs separated, yolks for filling and egg whites for meringue
3 tablespoons caster sugar, 3 teaspoons cornflour (for meringue top)
Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter
Press into a 23cm pie dish and chill till set
Blend together condensed milk, lime juice and zest of lime
Add lightly beaten egg yolks and combine well
(optional) you may want to add a drop of hopper’s green food colouring to the mixture.
Pour evenly into chilled crumb crust
Beat egg whites until stiff
Gradually add caster sugar and cornflour
Spoon meringue on top of filling
Bake in preheated 180 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown
Then refrigerate till cool & set.
Note: I normally double the recipe.
Gluten Free Potato & Ricotta Gnocchi (Julia’s twist)
(I use a digital scale)
100g Well and Good Gluten Free Pastry Flour
400g Desiree potatoes (washed), peeled, quartered
¼ cup parmesan cheese finely grated and extra for garnish
1 large egg
Salt & ground white pepper
In large pot boil potatoes until tender, drain well.
Mash potatoes, set aside in a bowl to cool.
Add ricotta, I used spatula to fold in and mix thoroughly.
Then add flour, mix thoroughly.
Whisk egg separately, add parmesan, salt and pepper.
Mix until all ingredients are well combined and dough forms.
Turn out on lightly floured surface, knead until smooth.
I sliced the dough length ways and rolled in long logs about 2cm thick. The knife needs to be floured so no sticking occurs. Then sliced the logs 1 ½ cm in width. Place on lined tray.
Bring a saucepan of salted water to boil over medium heat. Add gnocchi one batch a time, not to over crowd the pot.
Cook for about 2 mins or until the gnocchi rise to the surface of the pot.
Use a slotted spoon to drain gnocchi, transfer to a serving dish, add sauce.
Sauce (or sauce of your choice)
Ingredients for the sauce
1 small onion
6 rashes short cut bacon
4 small button mushrooms
2 teaspoons garlic
½ cup white wine
½ cup cream
2 tablespoons of butter
Chopped chives, parsley and grated parmesan to garnish.
Cook chopped bacon first, remove. Lightly brown diced onions and diced mushrooms. Add garlic (add extra oil if needed).
Add white wine, butter (when butter has melted add cream) and return bacon.
Simmer till sauce is slightly thicker. Toss through the gnocchi till completely coated.
Garnish and serve. Enjoy.
JULIA’S RUM BALLS
8 Weet-Bix Gluten Free Possible
1 tin of condensed milk
1 cup coconut
3 tablespoons cocoa
½ cup sultanas or mixed fruit
4 tablespoons rum (¼ cup)
+ ½ cups of extra coconut to coat the rum balls
1. Put all dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Add rum
3. Mix in condensed milk thoroughly
4. Roll in small balls; and either roll in coconut or choc bits (i.e hundreds and thousands) or dip into melted chocolate. Place onto greaseproof tray and place in fridge for at least one hour
This recipe you can also freeze if you make it a while in advance.
Gluten Free Lamingtons - (Recipe)
1 x 700grm PKT Well and Good Swiss roll sponge cake mix
Prepare sponge mixture as per instructions on the box and bake in a lamington tray, for time specified on box.
Allow to cool completely.
Cut sponge into squares or fingers.
Prepare Chocolate icing -
250grm (Ceres organics) icing sugar (sifted)
50grm (Ceres organics) Raw cacao powder (sifted)
150ml boiling water
(Gourmet Organic Herbs) Desiccated coconut
Sift together icing sugar & cacao powder into a bowl, pour in boiling water and stir until smooth.
Dip sponge fingers/squares one at a time into chocolate icing and roll into desiccated coconut – repeat until all lamingtons are coated.